H Sivyer Case Study
Cost Saving, increased accuracy and efficiency
We have been working with FleetWizard for over seven years. Their work has made a significant difference to our company.
H Sivyer (Transport) Ltd. was incorporated in 1978 as a waste removal service provider, aggregate supplier and haulier, based in London. Changes in the landfill regulations prompted our move to the controlled production of recycled aggregates and recycling of variety of inert utility, construction and demolition waste at Bay Wharf in Greenwich. We are committed to zero waste to landfill target. We supply and deliver primary and recycled aggregates, loose and bagged, soils and concrete, using the Fleet of 120 tipper and grab trucks. We also offer a range of waste management services – grab collection, disposal, advisory service, W.A.C. testing, Difficult and Special Waste streams.
Years ago, as our company doubled in size, we realised, that, our paper based system was no longer effective. We transferred an order manually several times over, which was prone to errors, dictated our drivers the orders using mobile phones, which slowed drivers down, collating paperwork from various sites, again, to be entered to create invoices. This process took days, sometimes weeks. We knew we needed to change. However, the ‘old school’ staff, working in our industry, were reluctant to change.
This is where FleetWizard changed our scepticism to confidence and built a bespoke system, suiting our needs.
New bookings are input on FleetWizard, for our coordinators to plan the work on the whiteboard. These jobs are then sent to drivers’ PDAs, using a ‘traffic lights’ system. Real time job information, including signatures and photos is captured. Invoices are created straight away.
There are numerous benefits from using this system and we couldn’t do without it now:
- Customer, supplier, driver, vehicle, depot and order details are all available at a click of a button, making order taking quick and accurate and reducing the need for manual data entry. This allows us to free up our resources for proactive customer service and management.
- We don’t need order books, planning sheets, ticket books, defect sheets – saving cost by reducing paper and duplication. We increased accuracy and efficiency through fast, secure Electronic Data Management. There is no longer any need for physical filing storage space.
- FleetWizard also created and helped us to implement electronic Vehicle Check system. Our workshop receives real time e-mail defects notifications reported from various depots.
- There are also numerous benefits for our drivers in using PDAs. They receive job information within seconds and complete jobs without the need to call the office. This improved safety, compliance and efficiency.
- The Transport team is kept up to date with the latest situation without distracting the driver, receiving real time communication and tracking, being able to deal with customer queries (i.e. giving them the Estimated Time of Arrival quickly and accurately)
- Various Fleetwizard PDA additional functions to satisfy requirements that were made compulsory, for example Waste Transfer Notes, also improved our compliance
- Using portable printers allowed the driver to leave the necessary paperwork required for construction, utilities and the transport industry with our customers and suppliers.
- Completed jobs get invoiced straight after being checked, saving accounts admin’s time, increasing accuracy and improving cash flow.
- Added value to our customers increased, producing various reports – some customers upon request receive automatic real time emails of Proof Of Delivery tickets, minimising customer’s queries.
- Invoices are sent depending on the customer’s needs – emailed or posted with or without PODs, and transferred to our Sage accounts package at a click of a button.
- Visibility is one of the most revolutionary benefit within our industry – all employees, depending on their responsibilities, can access all relevant information from any location.
- FleetWizard also manage our server hosting, maintaining, backup of data and providing 24 hour support, which gives us peace of mind where security and reliability are concerned.FleetWizard’s expertise and professionalism met our objectives and we keep improving the system. We are about to launch a Customer’s web portal, including online ordering. We are in the process of getting Automatic planning with inbuilt Routing and Scheduling Optimisation software and planning to add other departments of our business (workshop, payroll) to the FleetWizard software.We are very satisfied with FleetWizard. Their staff are very professional, knowledgeable and friendly, always helpful to deal with our requests, queries or problems. We look forward to continuing our long-lasting, stable relationship with FleetWizard, and are very happy to recommend this unique company to anyone.